OVERVIEW ABOUT SURROGACY WITH OUR CLINIC
Welcome to Surrogacy Center India, our clinic, where life begins. We are the leading provider of IVF and surrogacy services. Our main aim is to create families.
Our dedicated team of doctors, our clinic medical professionals and support staff are honored in assisting couples from all over India and abroad. It really does not matter how hard you have tried to conceive and the ordeal that you have gone through. Our team is here to give you all your support and guidance that you need to build a family every step of the way. Let us make your dream come true.
What Is Surrogacy?
When a couple is unable to conceive a child, when most options have failed couples turn to surrogacy, there are two kind of surrogacy known us traditional and gestational—both have different legal and medical implications for the intended couples.
Types of Surrogacy
A traditional surrogate is when a genetic mother of a child carries the pregnancy for someone else. The traditional surrogate mother “donates” both her eggs and her uterus to create a child for another couple (the intended parents). The traditional surrogate mother is artificially inseminated using the sperm of the intended father.
In contrast, the gestational surrogate mother, provides only the use of her uterus to the intended parents, which is through the method of in-vitro fertilization to produce the embryo from the egg and sperm of the intended parents. This gestational surrogate has no link genetically or personally, as the egg used is not from the actual woman to create the embryo.
Where do I start?
After you have decided to talk with your fertility specialist about surrogacy and discussed your profile, you can proceed with the procedures. However fertility clinics are not allowed to find surrogate mother’s for you. There is a procedure that needs to be followed legally.
Legal issues associated with surrogacy
It is recommended that you seek your own legal advice with regards to opting for surrogacy and making your own decisions. The arrangements for surrogacy are unenforceable. It is also necessary that you seek counselling before you start surrogacy process.
What is my chance of having a baby with surrogacy?
It is hard to say the success rate with surrogacy as there are many factors. Which include,
- Ability for the surrogate to get pregnant
- Age of the egg donor
- Success procedures with IUI and IVF
- The quality of gamete provided by the commissioning couple
- The age of the woman, who provides the egg it is also important factor that effects the changes of pregnancy
How does surrogacy work?
It is involves in implantation of an embryo created using either:
- the eggs and sperm of the intended parents
- The donated egg fertilized together with the sperm for the intended father
- Using donor eggs & the sperm an embryo which is created
- Surrogacy- Partial surrogacy( also known as straight or traditional) which involves sperm from the intended father and the egg from the surrogate, this procedure is done by artificial insemination or IUI
Is surrogacy for me?
If you do have a medical condition, which makes it impossible or even dangerous to get pregnant. Then surrogacy may be appropriate for you.
The necessary conditions which make surrogacy possible are:
- recurrent pregnancy loss
- absence or malformation of the womb
- repeated In-Virto (IVF) implantation failures
What are the risks of surrogacy?
The risks which are associated with surrogacy depends on the type of surrogacy full or partial. The risks are similar to that of IVF
- Risk with fertility treatments
- Risk of transferring HIV& hepatitis, so screening of the candidate is important including all members involving the procedure of IUI and IVF
- If there is a registered donor at a licensed clinic is used , then the donor will automatically be screened.