What is diabetes ?
Diabetes is considered as the one of the eight dangerous diseases in Ayurveda, which identifies 20 such diseases. Some of these diseases can be cured with proper meditation and others can be controlled through regular exercise, diet and excellent body weight control with proper medication. If not diagnosed and treated at the right time, diabetes may harm vital parts of the body such as eyes, kidneys, heart, nerves, skin and joints.
The central cause of the diabetes is the irregular functioning of different types of Agnis (Jatarangni, Dathwagni, Bhoothagni) that produce energy in the body. They help to reduce sugar in the blood and prevent cells from decaying. Daily consumption of bitter-guard juice and gruel mixed with fenugreek powder is also found effective. Chewing curry leaves and drinking its juice are best for healing diabetes.
Diet and Regimen
- Avoid food materials congaing sugar
- Eat plenty of green vegetables
- Reduce fats, especially butter and ghee from diet
- Take tiphala decoction mixed with honey and eat several times day
- Intake of citric acid content food items, may be taken as and when needed.
- Avoid daytime sleeping
- Quit smoking
- Take regular exercises
- Conscious eye care
- Take care of your foot